viernes, 2 de marzo de 2012

Getting to know the fam and the city

Over the next couple of days, I got to know the family better. Fabiola (mom), Agustin (dad), and Giselle(daughter), there was an INSTANT connection. They were all very generous and HOSPITABLE with me from the start. They always made sure I had what I needed. They did not hesitate to offer to take/pick me up from wherever I was. I soon accompanied the family everywhere: to church, the movies, supermarket, the mall, tennis/yoga, etc. I also went to their family birthdays, with all cousins, aunts, and uncles present. I never felt out of place as this Colombian family was quite similar to my own. Giselle also practically became my best friend there as she introduced me to her friends and showed me around the city. I was beginning to see and meet the typical Calenos of the city.
< The fam.

As for the city, when I looked out the window, I got a good look of Cali: mountains on both sides of the city, lots of tropical plants and trees, colonial and modern style buildings, and streets filled with motorcycles and a good mix of dark/light skinned people. The weather was ideal here-breezy and nicely warm. I loved the very TROPICAL feel of Cali. I could not wait to see the rest of the city over the weeks.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario