sábado, 30 de junio de 2012

A little town called Popayan


For a long time, people in Cali told me that I should go visit POPAYAN- a beautiful, calm little town about 2 hours outside of Cali that maintains a very colonial feel to it. After hearing this, I decided to take a day trip with a friend to check Popayan out. When arriving there, I was caught by the white colonial style buildings, the narrow streets of the town, the nice green gardens nearby, as well as the coffee shops that were found on every other corner of the town.

Here are a few of the pics I took when I arrived in Popayan:







After walking around Popayan for a while, we found out about a NEARBY HILL that supposedly had an excellent OVERLOOK of the town. So, as expected, my friend and I found exactly where this hill was and made our way right on up. When we found the hill and climbed up to the top, the view could not have been better, as there was a picture-perfect SUNSET setting over the town at that moment. Here are some pics:








In the end, I was so glad I was able to visit Popayan- a colonial Colombian town, where you could just walk around nice colonial streets, take great pics of the town at sunset, and drink coffee at one of the many coffee shops found at nearty every corner of the town. Would I repeat this trip? FOR SURE.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario